Athlon optimizations

Ainsley Pereira marble at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 20 11:01:45 PST 2000

Just a quick warning to anyone compiling stuff after reading the optimizations
settings from www.athlonlinux.org - Some programs really do not like those
settings. I've just completed LFS on my new Athlon, and packages like Perl and
file-utils had noticable problems with full optimizations. (eg. ls would give a
load of errors about not being able to find the files in the directory...)

-O3 -mpentiumpro -march=pentiumpro
seems safe, and I think -fomit-frame-pointer should be OK too. I suspect
-malign-double personally, but I haven't tried all combinations.

~A.

   / Ainsley Pereira       /   aka Marble on Snowplains   /
  /                       / telnet://snowplains.org:3456 /

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org