KDE

J.Smith temp201 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 20 09:14:30 PST 2000

I had a similar problem when I compiled KDE2 for the first time. Like you, I
started the compile and walked away. Only I falsly assumed that the compile
went OK. Needless to point out, it didnt. Cant remember if it was
kde-support or kdebase anymore, but one of these packages failed to compile
completly. When I redid the compile, I made sure all output (2>&1
1>/tmp/compile.logfile) was logged in a file, checked the logfile, fixed
what was wrong, and redid the compile. Cant remember what the problem was
anymore though...

Hope this helps.