Copying Windows system using Linux

Steve Loft steve at nybbles.co.uk
Mon Nov 20 03:44:46 PST 2000

My LFS system shares one of my drives with a Windows 98 system, which I
boot very infrequently.  I'm about to replace the drive with a larger
one. I've got the HD upgrade mini-HOWTO, and I think I know what to do
as regards copying my Linux partition over.

My question is: Can I use Linux to copy my Windows partition over as
well - by mounting the old and new vfat partitions and using "cp -ax"?
It seems to me that it should work, is there any reason it might not?

Steve

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org