devpts

Thomas T. Veldhouse veldy at veldy.net
Fri Nov 17 06:20:05 PST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Donnie Roos" <dr at kaneda.demon.nl>
To: <lfs-apps at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2000 4:33 PM
Subject: Re: devpts

<snip>

> add the following to fstab. GID should be the id of the tty group
> devpts /dev/pts devpts gid=4,mode=620 0 0

<snip>

Keep in mind that not everybody has chosen to stick with the default entries
in the /etc/passwd and /etc/group files.  The gid=4 option should be noted
that 4 is the gid of the tty group.  On many systems (I dare say most
linux), tty is gid=5.  I think traditional BSD systems make gid=4 for tty.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy at veldy.net

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org