Opera

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Fri Nov 17 03:01:06 PST 2000

Yo,

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 10:25:34PM +1300, Simon Geard wrote:
> On a related matter, what are people's favorite choices, as far as linux
> browsers are concerned? I've always used Netscape, but I'm now looking at
> some of the open source browsers. What does everyone else prefer?

Netscape is by far the best for me, i haven't had it crash in a while,
perhaps they finally are getting it right in 4.76 and if you don't need
all the jazz only get the Navigator and not the full suite (that is
garantueed to work better) another little add-on that helps is using
something lik BlackDown Java, instaed of the build-in implementaion.

But i don't usually limit myself to one browser, i'm running KDE2 so
i've been using alot of Konqueror and i will usually run a Mozilla daily
build to see how far they have come and Opera will crep in when i want
to test something (hey, nothing like having four main browsers to test
on under linux)

Then you can start to get into all those Geeko (aka the Mozilla Engine)
browsers that are coming out, in all the different Toolkits.

There are lots of options, don't limit yourself to one =)

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org