Fileutils won't compile

Arnout Couperus llhorian at chello.nl
Thu Nov 16 05:55:13 PST 2000

I'm venturing in the bold new world of LFS for the first time here :)
Now the first few packages would compile allright (except some insignificant error with the bash install) but now I'm trying to compile File utils and it keeps giving me the following error:

dircolors.c:40: macro `strndup' used without args
make[2]: *** [dircolors.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/lfs/usr/src/fileutils-4.0/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/lfs/usr/src/fileutils-4.0'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

and then it aborts. This is in the first stage of compiling everything statically. So...what is the problem here? I followed the instructions to the letter.
I'm using Debian woody if it's any help.

--
Arnout

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org