Some X questions

Steve Loft steve at nybbles.co.uk
Thu Nov 16 03:45:53 PST 2000

On Wednesday 15 November 2000 10:00 pm, you wrote:

> where is the Xservers file? what does the config line look like?

I use kdm, which uses the xdm config files, so on my system it's in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm.  My file now looks like this:

# $XConsortium: Xserv.ws.cpp,v 1.3 93/09/28 14:30:30 gildea Exp $
#
# Xservers file, workstation prototype
#
# This file should contain an entry to start the server on the
# local display; if you have more than one display (not screen),
# you can add entries to the list (one per line).  If you also
# have some X terminals connected which do not support XDMCP,
# you can add them here as well.  Each X terminal line should
# look like:
#       XTerminalName:0 foreign
#
:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X -dpi 100

I've just noticed that X also has a 'dpms' option, so I'll set that to
see if that fixes my other problem too.

Steve

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org