Opera

James Green jim at vardus.net
Thu Nov 16 02:51:32 PST 2000

Hi,
For those of you that do not know, Opera 4 beta 2  is out!
http://www.operasoft.com/linux/

I installed it yesterday and it is pretty sweet!
Fairly easy to install, needs QT(for dynamic linked version), X (obviously)
and graphics libs. You need to tinker with 'install.sh' if you want it
installed anywhere but /usr/bin - but its pretty simple.

It is still a bit buggy - html is fine, fancier stuff is not so fine (our
company site is almost non-existant in opera!) and there is no java
support - otherwise it is a really nice bit of software. I think they are
planning to release a new version every 4-5 weeks until they reach a
production release. Worth keeping an eye on/trying!

Have fun!

James

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org