various problems

Michael Spratt michael at spratt.com
Thu Nov 16 02:16:56 PST 2000

Duraid wrote:

> 1) im installing netscape 6 on lfs. when running the netscape-install
> script i get:
>
> error in loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open

I had this same problem.  I don't know if this is "proper", but I
simlinked libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 to libstdc++-3-libc6.1-2-2.10.0.so.
I haven't run into any problems so far.  Is there a better way to do
this?

> 3) do we have gnu gettext, linuxthreads 0.71 and Thread aware Xlibs.
> installed in lfs. i want to install xmms. if anybody did it i would
> appereciate if they shared their experience with me.

I have xmms running quite nicely on my system.  IIRC, linuxthreads
should have been compiled in with glibc and gettext was included in
LFS-2.4.2.

---
Michael Spratt

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org