various problems

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Wed Nov 15 18:00:54 PST 2000

Yo,

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 09:39:01PM -0500, Duraid wrote:
> error in loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open

cd /usr/lib && ln -s libstdc++-3-libc6.1-2-2.10.0.so libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2

> 3) do we have gnu gettext, linuxthreads 0.71 and Thread aware Xlibs.
> installed in lfs. i want to install xmms. if anybody did it i would
> appereciate if they shared their experience with me.

I had no problem installing XMMS (and i speak for everyone on #LFS, i
haven't heard of a problem)

> 4) what will happen if i do: # rm -R /usr/src. anything will stop
> working? i need to free some space.

You can remove everything in /usr/src _except_ do leave /usr/src/linux

You will have problems later down in the road if a kernel tree is not
there. (problems compiling that is)

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org