installing sound card

Joe Weidenbach weidenba at web-weaver.net
Wed Nov 15 16:38:23 PST 2000

> i don't think my sound card is working.

What kind of sound card do you have?  It's generally best to compile the
sound card driver as a module and load it with the necessary config options.
You mentioned that you're using kde.  What version are you running? If it's
2.0, you should make sure that artsd is running.  You'd probably get an error
trying to play sounds if it is not, but you never know.  If you could get me
some more info on the card, I could probably help out.

Joe

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org