Long filenames on floppies

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Wed Nov 15 13:03:05 PST 2000

Yo,

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 05:06:13PM -0500, Rob Bercik wrote:
> I've just discover a great util for reading VFAT partitions, especially floppy
> disks. Use Mtools. It's a small package to download and configuration is
> minimal. It lists long file names and transfers files really well between VFAT
> and ext2. The best part about it is that you don't need to mount your floppy
> disk to read from it with mtools. I've had some problem reading VFAT especially
> with unintentional overwrites and corruptions while mounting or unmounting
> floppies.

I prefer to just have an extra module installed then having to install
mtools.

I haven't used it in a while (been LFS' too long :) but i never liked
it, one of the many things i love about GNU/Linux is the way you can
mount filesystems... btw that kinda sucks having to use mtools with
something like mc or Konqueror or Gnome's file manager, etc

That's IMHO, aren't option's wonderfull =)

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org