OT: groff-1.16.1 declaration conflict

Erika Pacholleck Pacholleck.E at gmx.de
Wed Nov 15 09:13:59 PST 2000

Hi all,
a bit of topic what I detected in config.log of groff,
compiled fine without errors and turning all warnings on
gives lots of "comparison between signed and unsigned",
dunno whether that's the point (what's that in german?).

configure:1543: declaration of C function `void fileno(int)' conflicts with
/usr/include/stdio.h:567: previous declaration `int fileno(FILE *)' here
configure: failed program was:
#line 1541 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <stdio.h>
extern "C" { void fileno(int); }
int main() {
; return 0; }

Just curious, how is that handled?
Clear, there can only be one, so is any of it getting precedence
like, I was the first here, the last one takes it all, or
guess why I am called std.., or is it shared task shared blame?

Erika

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org