gcc in chroot env

ej ejaustin at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 14 17:30:30 PST 2000

Alright, it was so much fun the first time, I decided to
start the install over when things were not working right
under LFS. Things are making more sense this time around.
But I have a question when it comes to installing gcc.

In chapter 5, under Installation of GCC on the LFS system,
the first command is
     mkdir $LFS/usr/src/gcc-build

Then in chapter 6, in the chroot environment, the first
command is
     mkdir /usr/src/gcc-build

My system complains
	mkdir: cannot make directory `/usr/src/gcc-build': File
exists

and rightfully so, as far as I can tell. Am I supposed to
delete that directory before I install in the chroot
environment, or is there something else that I'm missing?

ej

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org