upgrading

Sergey Ostrovsky sostrovsky at snip.net
Tue Nov 14 15:30:24 PST 2000

Tom Cashman wrote:

> Pardon me? :]
> I don't think I understand! I've now got the ppp package, but haven't
> installed it. What's its relevance?
> At the risk of being annoying, could I ask you to explain?

ppp-2.3.11 ( and earliers ) was designed in kernel-2.3.XX days. It is not
compatible with
2.4.0-series kernels. ppp-2.4.0 is. So, if you're going to work with 2.4.0
kernels,
( not just to try and switch back to 2.2.X ), I assumed you'd want to dial
out and
connect to your ISP. Again, ( although I didn't try ) ppp-2.4.0 is
kernel-2.4.0
specific. So make your choice.

Sergey Ostrovsky.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org