BASH filecompletion

Erika Pacholleck Pacholleck.E at gmx.de
Tue Nov 14 00:13:18 PST 2000

( Mon, 13 Nov 2000 ) Robert Bercik <-- :
> I've pretty much tried everything and I'm going near the brink of
> insanity...For some reason I don't think file completion is getting compiled in
> or it isn't looking in the proper place for completion words. When I type the
> name of a environment variable, i.e. $PA<TAB>, it fills in $PATH, but when I
> try and change directories or fill in a file in the current directory, nothing
> happens. So completion is working, but not file-completion. How do I find out
> where it is checking, or set where it is checking for words which can act as
> filecompletion/command completion? I am real frustrated....

1. either it works for all or for nothing, so if it works for one thing
-. than it works and therefore it is compiled in.

2. when you are in the current directory and you want to complete a filename
-. do you precede that with ./ ?
-. example: you are in /home/rob and there is a file called .inputrc
-. example: do you write vi ./.in<TAB> ?

Erika

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org