Gnome pager and Sawfish

Rich Rudnick nickrud at citlink.net
Mon Nov 13 09:57:46 PST 2000

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 10:07:58AM +0100, Conrad Christensen wrote:
> Hello
>
> I hope this was not already covered but here goes :
>
> When I start up X 4.0.1 gnome pager complains that my Window Manager
> (Sawfish) is not a Gnome supported WM.  Control Center seems to think
> everything is OK though.
>
> My /etc/X11/.../.xinitrc says :
>
> sawfish &
> exec gnome-session
>

> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Conrad

You should remove the 'sawfish &' from .xinitrc, and let gnome-session
and Control Center control the window manager; i.e., set Sawfish as
(Current) in the Control Center Window Manager pane.  In my experience,
gnome has trouble with either enlightenment or sawfish being started
before gnome-session.

--
Rich Rudnick

nickrud at citlink.net