X 4.0.1

Seth Payne SPayne at Legato.com
Mon Nov 13 09:11:10 PST 2000

I have had teh same problem.  How do you get MAKEDEV to create /dev/psaux ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Bercik [mailto:bercikr at georgetown.edu]
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2000 9:50 AM
To: lfs-apps at linuxfromscratch.org
Subject: X 4.0.1

        I am trying to install X 4.01 and I've got almost everything set
up... The problem is that everytime I start the
Xserver it crashes and tells me my mouse device is not configured. I ran
MAKDEV busmice and it created a couple mouse devices
and what not and I changed my XF86Config file to point to the appropriate
devices. But startx still crashes with the error
about the mouse and something about core-pointers to my mouse and keyboard.
Anyone know why this is happening or how to
manually configure my /dev/mouse device file? All input is appreciated.
Thanks

-Rob

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org