X 4.0.1

Robert Bercik bercikr at georgetown.edu
Mon Nov 13 08:50:20 PST 2000

        I am trying to install X 4.01 and I've got almost everything set up... The problem is that everytime I start the
Xserver it crashes and tells me my mouse device is not configured. I ran MAKDEV busmice and it created a couple mouse devices
and what not and I changed my XF86Config file to point to the appropriate devices. But startx still crashes with the error
about the mouse and something about core-pointers to my mouse and keyboard. Anyone know why this is happening or how to
manually configure my /dev/mouse device file? All input is appreciated.
Thanks

-Rob

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org