Gnome won't start Sawfish

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Mon Nov 13 02:19:09 PST 2000

On Monday 13 November 2000 20:32, you wrote:
> On a conspiracy note, I had finished compiling and installing KDE 2.0,
> but hadn't used it yet. (It took me a while to figure out I needed
> startkde instead of kwm.)  So now I'm using KDE.  It's nice, but
> programs seem to crash often. (That might be my fault.)

Probably not your fault. This initial release of KDE2 seems to have a few
stability problems. As you say, it's nice, but not too reliable yet.

Personally, I'm using WindowMaker, with a number of kde programs running with
it - kmail, kppp, konqueror. I'm not having any problems with them in this
environment, so I'm guessing some fault in one of the kde core components is
causing things to fail.

Simon.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org