RPM & Kernel Sound

Filip Joelsson filip at blueturtle.a.se
Sat Nov 11 14:52:50 PST 2000

> Thanks for everybody's help. More questions, though!

I'll try one of the questions.

> rpm -Uvh XFCom_i810-1.2-3
>
> error: failed dependencies:
>  ld-linux.so.2 is needed by XFCom_i810-1.2-3

I think rpm is only looking for the programs in its own database, not on the harddrive. I don't know if there is a way to update the db, but it is possible to force the installation (-f I think, check the man page though). So, if you're sure your system satisfies all dependencies just go ahead and force the installation anyway.

Hope that helps!
/Filip

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org