/etc/rc3.d/S10ethnet roor

richard at reika.demon.co.uk richard at reika.demon.co.uk
Fri Nov 10 12:43:42 PST 2000

Misquoted from Seth Payne on Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 09:47:56AM -0700:
> Hello,
>
> At boot time, I get the error:
>
> You should not read this error message.  It means that an unforseen error
> took place and subscript /etc/rc3.d/S10ethnet exited with a return value of
> 127 et....
>

> For some reason, it looks like my box isnt defining a host name on boot up.
> However, when I issue teh command:
>
> hostname <hostname>
>
> it works just fine.

The HOSTNAME environment variable must be defined in /etc/sysconfig/network
The command to set the host name should be in /etc/init.d/localnet
The host name should be set by the /etc/init.d/localnet script
There should be symlink to localnet in /etc/rcS.d

Richard

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org