KDE themes

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Fri Nov 10 01:30:36 PST 2000

On Friday 10 November 2000 07:58, you wrote:
> Last weekend I installed KDE2 to check it out, and I noticed that when I
> was trying out all the different themes that came with it, the only
> noticeable difference is a change in colors.  Is this how it's supposed to
> work, or is there something that needs to be recompiled?  I followed the
> KDE hint (X11Guide.txt) to the letter.

You've obviously got a problem - they should change, though there do seem to
be a few bugs. I downloaded and installed it earlier this week, and the
themes work well enough - the widgets change much like they do in Gtk+.

As a sidenote, I've found KDE2 very good, but also very buggy. I find a lot
of programs crash, especially when exiting. Something crashes on startup, but
I haven't worked out what it is yet...

Anyone else have an opinion on KDE2?

Simon.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org