No subject

hawk hawk at unreality.org
Wed Nov 8 18:15:28 PST 2000

My Problem:  DHCP cable and 4 computers hooked up to my switch, but I only get 3 IPs.

I want to setup a firewall using IPTABLES feature of the new 2.4 test kernels.  I found information on setting up the IPTABLES from freshmeat.  That shouldn't be too hard to setup.

I also want to plug my cable modem into one ethernet card going into the LFS machine and then the outgoing cable from my other ethernet card to my switch.

Gaming is a factor, but i'm not sure if IP Masquerading would allow me to do everything I'd want to.

Is IP Masquerading the way to go?

Summarizing, I want a firewall LFS and I want it to forward the traffic to my other 3 computers.

If anyone could direct me on how to take this issue, i'd be very thankful.