static perl?

richard at reika.demon.co.uk richard at reika.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 8 02:29:15 PST 2000

Misquoted from fred anger on Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 08:55:46PM -0700:
> Hi all.  I'd like to automate the chroot'ed part of a custom LFS-based
> install using a perl script (already did the static part that way, and I'm
> quite fond of it ;)
>
> Of course, this requires that perl be installed during the static part (or
> soon thereafter).  I've attempted a couple approaches in the last few
> hours, but thought I'd plug the list (thanks Reaperx1) before pursuing one
> of them further.

Are you sure you need a static perl?
Could you leave the script running on the host system, and have
it runn only the commands that are required chrooted?

Rod Ruark's LFSmake works that way, and when I shamelessly copied the idea
to ralfs (richard's automated linux from scratch) the program became much
simpler.

You can the remove the static versions of gzip and bzip. If you do tar
before gcc, you can ignore static tar as well.

Richard
Take a look at be http://www.reika.demon.co.uk for ideas

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org