gcc 2.95.2 crash during static compile..

Barry Barry at hartford.uconn.edu
Tue Nov 7 16:47:34 PST 2000

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> > I haven't tried building a full LFS system from my RH 7.0 box yet,
> > but I suspect that this may be related to the problem.  Try that, and
> > if it doesn't work - I'll try to replicate the problem...
>
> Ok let's move this to the lfs-apps list as it doesn't belong here.
>
> One last comment on this list from me: downgrading gcc might not be enough>
> Be prepared still having problems becuase RH7's Glibc might be in the way too
> which you cannot downgrade. If you were to do so, RH7 itself won't run
> properly anymore
>
> --
> Gerard Beekmans
> www.linuxfromscratch.org

> --

OK, I just tried it after changing the gcc package...

didn't work, same error compiling gcc...

I'm trying to build a new glibc right now on the LFS partition to see if
I can't find a solution...

I realise what you're saying about the RH7 C libs, though...hmm..a
problem...

I will find a way out of this...there's got to be a way...

I'll let you guys know when I find it :)

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org