e2fsprogs-1.19 devel libs?

richard at reika.demon.co.uk richard at reika.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 6 01:24:02 PST 2000

Misquoted from Steve Maring on Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 09:52:02PM -0500:
> I'm trying to compile gnome-utils but the configure script barks at
> me about not having the e2fsprogs-devel package which contains
> ext2fs/ext2_io.h.  Well, I wouldn't be going the LFS route if I
> actually liked RPMs.  So, has anybody figured out how to get that
> header file to build into the install?  I've tried quite a few
> combinations of configure flags with no luck and the docs on
> e2fsprogs is a bit terse.

Recompile e2fsprogs, and install with:
make install install-libs

My configure for gnome-utils is:
gnome_conf="--prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc/gnome --localstatedir=/var/tmp"
../configure $gnome_conf --with-messages=/var/log/messages

I am glad I scripted every install, it make remembering this stuff too
easy.

Richard
Yet another set of LFS install scripts at http://www.reika.demon.co.uk

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org