[blfs-dev] Package stats

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Mar 7 12:40:41 PST 2014

On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 06:22:52PM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
>  It is clear that my rebuild of the docs was very different from
> Fernando's.  At the moment I'm concentrating on rebuilding
> everything in chroot, just in case there is any breakage from
> accidental change in gnutls.  My first attempt at LO just timed out
> on one of the downloads, so I guess I'm hours away from completing.
> After that, I'll take another look.

 Got back to this.  This time, I cannot get close to the figures I
had before for rebuilding with the docs: time is now an extra +0.1
SBU, which I think is in line with Fernando, and space has
*increased* by 3 MB instead of reducing slightly.

 Looking back at my history, I see that I ran 'make clean' before
the second build (the one regenerating the docs), and I suppose that
might account for the reduced space.  But I cannot see any reason
why the 'make' with gtk-doc took so much time on that occaasion.

 Since Fernando was upset by my measurements, on this occasion I'll
change them.

ĸen