[blfs-dev] Git server instructions

akhiezer lfs65 at cruziero.com
Wed Mar 5 05:59:51 PST 2014

> Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 04:40:07 +0100
> From: "Armin K." <krejzi at email.com>
> To: BLFS Development List <blfs-dev at linuxfromscratch.org>
> Subject: [blfs-dev] Git server instructions
>
> Hello, I've taken some time to write some basic instructions on how to
> get a basic git server up and running.
>
> The instructions can be found at:
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~krejzi/blfs-git/general/gitserver.html
>
> Patch against latest blfs svn can be found at:
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~krejzi/git-server.patch
>
> Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

Might it be better to include 'Gitolite' under required/recommended deps,
or inline in page as an 'additional download'; but in any case have it
downloading a fixed-version tarball - or a fixed git tag - rather than
just implicitly downloading the latest git head commit that may no longer
work well with the particular fixed git/openssh versions that _are_ listed.

rgds,
akh

,