[blfs-dev] Qt4 and Qt5 again[Was: Libexec WebKitGTK]

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 06:49:51 PST 2014

Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> Em 04-03-2014 09:22, Fernando de Oliveira escreveu:
>
>> 2. The only thing very different between Qt4 and Qt5 is QTDIR, QTLINK
>> versus QT5DIR, QT5LINK. I will replace by QT4DIR, QT4LINK.
>
> There are problems:
>
> 1. Is it right having in the environment QT$DIR instead of QTDIR?
>
> 2. In Qt5 we have:
>
> {{{
> cat > /etc/profile.d/qt5.sh << EOF
> # Begin /etc/profile.d/qt5.sh
>
> QTDIR=/usr
> export QT5DIR
>
> # End /etc/profile.d/qt5.sh
> EOF
> }}}
>
> This is clearly wrong: s/QTDIR/QT5DIR/
>
> Is this right?

We clearly don't want both qt5.sh and qt4.sh setting the same variable.
  At one time though (I think it was Qt3), the QTDIR was needed by QT as
a part of building an app (not Qt itself).  I'm not sure that is needed
any more.

Go ahead and make the change.   We'll add an erratum if needed, but I
don't think it will be.