[blfs-dev] Libexec WebKitGTK [Was ... r12813 ...]

akhiezer lfs65 at cruziero.com
Tue Mar 4 05:22:57 PST 2014

	.
> >> I am thinking of adding, after "make install":
> >>
> >> webkitgtk-2.2.4:
>    rm -rf /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/webkitgtk-2.0
> >> mv -vi /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/webkitgtk \
> >>         /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/webkitgtk-2.0
> >>
> >> webkitgtk-1.10.2
>    rm -rf /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/webkitgtk-1.0
> >> mv -vi /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/webkitgtk \
> >>         /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/webkitgtk-1.0
> >>

> > For 3. I'd suggest the same as for python docs. Since they are developer
> > docs and developer should only use latest version to develop against,

No, not in the wider real-world picture: developers often maintain against
two+ major-ver strands of a package; especially when the strands are very
different and contain paradigm shifts (for want of a better term).

Yes, they'll likely focus on the latest version within each strand; and
often will only support particular strands (cf e.g. kernel LTS); but not
_only_ the latest release of the latest strand.

> > the docs for the latter (1.10.x) should be disabled explicitly.
> >
> > --disable-gtk-doc or --disable-gtk-doc-html ... Try one.
> >

> To Armin:
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. I will keep in mind and try first
> differently, will do as you suggest if the consensus is with you. :-)
>
> To all:
>
> As we have little time, what I will do is to keep them, with the
> commands to remove (to prevent failure in reinstall/upgrade). And
> include the reason for that in "Command Explanations", so, when removen
> 1.10.x from the bokk, we can remove the commands from the other. In this
> case, it is not possible to leave one as is, because both install first
> the same directory. If there is a consensus supporting Armin's
> suggestion, I will modify, then.

	.
	.

> Any of the modifications above, I ask you to comment, if not agreeing,
> so I will revert, if there is a consensus against me, or if any is
> wrong, without problem or complaint.

hth,
akh