[blfs-dev] Is Java AWT peer needed for GCC java?

DJ Lucas dj at lucasit.com
Mon Jun 30 22:56:36 PDT 2014

Silly argument, but strictly for arguments sake, it's the only path to build java from source without a pre-existing binary in place. We don't address that path in the book, and it is a royal pain to set up a proper build environment, but our original binary OJDK 6 was built using gcj. All subsequent iterations (including our 7 builds, and soon enough 8) have stemmed from that.