[blfs-dev] Possible BLFS systemd solution

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Mon Jun 30 12:27:40 PDT 2014

On 06/30/2014 02:33 PM, Pierre Labastie wrote:
> Le 30/06/2014 11:12, akhiezer a écrit :
>>> Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 03:31:32 +0200
>>> From: "Armin K." <krejzi at email.com>
>>> To: BLFS Development List <blfs-dev at lists.linuxfromscratch.org>
>>> Subject: Re: [blfs-dev] Possible BLFS systemd solution

>>> I have tried this. BLFS repository is kinda "damaged" and git-svn bridge
>>> would fail to update. I haven't investigated the right reason since I
>>> got tired after waiting for several hours to create git-svn clone (7+
>>> hours).
>>>

>> Perhaps Pierre could input on that: iirc/aiui Pierre uses git/svn
>> 'ongoingly'
>> for working with lfs &/or blfs.
> Actually, importing the BFLS svn repository to git svn takes a long
> time, but then it is easy to work with, *as long as no new branch is
> created in the svn repository*. If a new branch is created, then the
> branch tracking machinery of "git svn fetch" restarts the import process
> at revision 1... Since somebody has recently created a lot of new
> branches in BLFS svn :-), it was really to long to update the git svn,

I suppose that's me but I found it a lot easier to create new branch and
apply patches on top of it than merging everything. Yay for svn.

> and I now use a traditional svn sandbox (+ quilt). Even if no branch is
> created, a tag has the same effect of restarting the import process.
> Well, with a 6 month schedule, that would be doable. Now, something I
> have never tried, is to export the git svn repo.
> Pierre

It is kinda anoying that it checks out svn repository at least 10 times
from the beginning instead of just copying created git data before that
revision to a new branch. It takes at least 8 hours to do git svn clone
of the BLFS repo (and that's if using file:// protocol).

--
Note: My last name is not Krejzi.