[blfs-dev] Finding libraries which are dlopen()ed

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Jun 29 17:59:39 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 07:29:11PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
>
> >  Quick question: anyone know of any programs, or libraries, which
> >dlopen a library (ignoring PAM, which my searches found - I do not
> >build that) ?
>
> $ grep dlopen /usr/lib/*.so
>
> Binary file libGL.so matches
> Binary file libMagickCore.so matches
> Binary file libSDL.so matches
> Binary file libxine.so matches
> Binary file libxml2.so matches
> Binary file sudoers.so matches
>
> Looking at, for instance, the source for libxml, the file xmlmodule.c uses
> dlopen.
>
>   -- Bruce

 Thanks.  I put the invocation into a /usr/bin/libary wrapper.

ken at jtm1 ~ $library /usr/lib/libxml2.so
libxml2.so: libdl.so.2,libz.so.1,liblzma.so.5,libm.so.6,libc.so.6

 From that, I guess that anything using libdl.so.2 will need further
investigation.  For my current problem-space (Saturday's
install-tl-unx) that identifies biber, dvisvgm, luajitex, luatex,
xdvi-xaw, xindy.run.  I guess I can use 'strings' on those.

 Meanwhile, asy appears not to need ghostscript.

 Thanks again, I seem to be back in business ;)

ĸen