[blfs-dev] Testfiles to prove TeX is working

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat Jun 28 17:47:35 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 12:18:31AM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:

>  All of these, except for encyclopedium, are single pages (if you
> use A4).  Encyclopedium produces 4 pages (if it works) - for me it
> works on last year's binary install on top of BLFS-7.5, now I need
> to find out if I still have a from-source TeX install which includes
> xindy.

 I found two builds, both fail (encyclopedium.pdf only has 3 pages,
the index is not present).  I suspect clisp (it failed its test
suite with what looked like catastrophic failures), but for the
moment building xindy (plus its dep(s)) will not be going into the
book.

 Oh well, at least I can now test if xindy works.  I suppose that
might count as progress.

ĸen