[blfs-dev] blfs-book post from krejzi at higgs.linuxfromscratch.org requires approval

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Sun Jun 22 14:33:42 PDT 2014

On 06/22/2014 11:13 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Denis Mugnier wrote:
>> If the framework branch is merged with the book, there will be a lot of
>> translation work. So , if possible, I want to scheduled this job ;o).
>
> The roll out will be complex.  We will probably be better off going slow
> on these changes.  I doubt it will be in the next version of BLFS (early
> September).
>
>   -- Bruce

I don't think it will be ready until September. 5.0 release is expected
in July, but given the history, they will probably declare it "a release
for testing only". - not something that should be used in production.
Users should probably wait for 5.1.0 or whatever the next stable release
might be.

Also, many apps are Qt4 only and there won't be a software compilation
releases anymore from what I've heard. Frameworks, Workspaces and
Applications are all going to be released separatly, on separate dates,
with separate goals, etc.

--
Note: My last name is not Krejzi.