[blfs-dev] RFC: KDE Frameworks 5

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Sun Jun 22 14:25:40 PDT 2014

On 05/25/2014 11:56 PM, Armin K. wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I took some time to write instructions for KDE Frameworks 5, the split
> up kdelibs based on Qt5 and QML that will be used by next generation
> Plasma 2 Workspaces (some may call it simply "KDE 5").
>
> All files are in place in svn in branches/frameworks and generated
> version of the book is available at my web space at:
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~krejzi/frameworks/
>
> Or directly linked to frameworks chapter:
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~krejzi/frameworks/kde5/frameworks.html
>
> Any comments are welcome. Note that libdbusmenu-qt and polkit-qt are
> rather bzr/git snapshots and are both hosted at my place until the
> upstream releases proper tarballs.

I have managed to upgrade frameworks to latest beta release and have
added several plasma 2 packages. The desktop packages are not yet in
place, but several apps that are seem to be working fine. Do note that
this is still rough draft and that oxygen-fonts package is missing a
dependency - fontforge. I need to consult with others about this package
first.

kfileaudiopreview framework has been removed from latest beta release.

Plasma packages start from
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~krejzi/frameworks/kde5/plasma.html

libdbusmenu-qt and polkit-qt5 are still snapshots from their respective
vcs and are currently hosted at my web space @ lfs.org.

--
Note: My last name is not Krejzi.