[blfs-dev] Udev vs Eudev page

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 09:45:24 PDT 2014

Pierre Labastie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering whether we should change the title of the Udev-extra page. Now,
> we use eudev, which has a different version scheme from udev, so there could
> be a version number in the title (as for other packages).
> Also, we now reinstall the whole package.
> So the page layout could be much closer to the other book pages.
>
> For GCC (which adds "extras" as well), we just use GCC-<version>.

I think it would be a bit confusing as LFS builds eudev.  We need to
have something in the title to say why it's in BLFS.

I can go with 'Eudev-1.7 (for Gudev)' or similar.  That title is
slightly misleading though because it also does the gir-data.

gcc is a bit different because I don't know of any packages that
reference it.  The 'extras' there are additional compilers, but we don't
use any of these extra compilers in the book.