[blfs-dev] MariaDB: add -DWITH_EMBEDDED_SERVER=ON switch to default [Was: ... Amarok-2.8.0 ...]

Magnus Larsson k.magnus.larsson at tele2.se
Sat Jun 7 05:16:03 PDT 2014

On Saturday 07 June 2014 09.04.27 Fernando de Oliveira wrote:

> First, apologies, i had not read to end the post, and you (Magnus) have
> all dependencies.
>
> > Did you build MariaDB with:
> >
> > -DWITH_EMBEDDED_SERVER=ON: This switch enables compiling the embedded
> > server library needed by certain applications, such as Amarok.
> >
> > I don't see libmysqld.a in package contents section so I guess this flag
> > isn't on by default.
>
> So, Armin, this should be modified in MariaDB, right?
>
> I will do it in my next commit.
Hello Marcos Pansani, Douglas R. Reno, Christopher, Fernando,  Armin K
<krejzi at email.com> and all,

Armin:
Rebuilding MariaDB with the switch below added to BLFS SVN MariaDB cmake
parameters:
-DWITH_EMBEDDED_SERVER=ON

And then rebuilding Amarok as stated in BLFS SVN,

Works for me.

Thank you all for looking into this matter.

Magnus