[blfs-dev] xscreensaver shutdown behavior

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 10:23:55 PDT 2014

Armin K. wrote:

> Just make xfce4-session start "xscreensaver -nosplash" through Settings
> -> Session and Startup (I think). That'd be the official way. It always
> worked fine for me.

I don't see a way to add -nosplash (I don't see a splash), but xfce
managed to add xscreensaver automatically to the startup list.  It's not
the startup that's a problem, it's just an annoying message at shutdown
on tty1.  In any case I've got a solution that works for me.

I appreciate the discussion.