[blfs-dev] Recent Activities

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 13:31:22 PDT 2014

Just a note to say thinks to all who have helped in my exploration of a
lot of new hardware.  I have now made everything work on my new laptop
and it has been a challenge.

One of the reasons I got the new system was to have additional HW to
support BLFS development.  Here is a list of things that I have now been
able to check out:

SD Card Reader
USB 3.0
Intel i915 based Video
Bootable GPT Partition
Disabling unneeded UEFI 'BIOS'
HDMI Output
VGA Output
DVD Drive
Bluetooth
System Suspend
System Hibernate
Intel HD Audio Controller(s)
Toshiba Web Camera (internal)
Logitech Web Camera (external)
Intel Wireless Network Controller

Along the way I've been able to study the Linux Kernel configuration in
additional depth, work with polkt/consolkit, and finally explore gtk+
and some gnome applications that I didn't have before.

My log right now shows 313 BLFS packages built in this effort.  Some of
those are repeats, but that's the nature of development.

I also want to say that there are many parts of BLFS that I have not
looked at closely before.  I continue to be impressed with the quality
work of the editors, past and present.  Many of my problems were due to
trying to go too fast and not reading what is there closely enough.
There are still a few niggles that need to be fixed up, but overall,
it's a wonderful resource.

I'll now return to LFS to get caught up.  There are nine packages
waiting for update.  I'll hold off gettext-0.19 because I am expecting
0.19.1 soon.