[blfs-dev] FireFox 29.0.1

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Tue Jun 3 00:46:55 PDT 2014

Le 03/06/2014 09:06, Christopher Gregory a écrit :
> On Tue, June 3, 2014 6:36 pm, thorsten wrote:
>>> What really puzzles me is why some firefox issues seem to affect
>>> very few people.  On one of my older systems I had to change _something_
>>> in the last couple of months when I upgraded firefox (I no longer
>>> remember the details, but I think it was a specific version of gcc which
>>> caused it) and found one open firefox bug showing the exact problem.
>>> But a lot of people build firefox on, or
>>> for, old systems using i686 or x86_64 (e.g. distros do it!) and nobody
>>> else had seen the problem.
>> For what it is worth, I think my crashes maybe/could/are likely
>> connected to the xcb backend of cairo. I used --enable-xlib-xcb with cairo
>> and the patch which fixes it for me is patching code for xcb.
>>
>> So perhaps those two of you which also have crashes did enable xcb also?
>>

>> regards
>>
>> thorsten --
>> http://lists.linuxfromscratch.org/listinfo/blfs-dev
>> FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
>>

> Hello Thorsten,
>
> I did indeed use the --enable-xlib-xcb compile option with cairo.  Not
> sure which window managers require this, but I thought it prudent to
> actually enable it rather than have to re-compile down the track.  I also
> used the
> --enable-gl switch, as I am building full gnome and that is one of the
> requirements for wayland.
>
> So yep there are two experimental backends enabled in cairo.
>
> Regards,
>
> Christopher.

Also, I see you use LFS svn from the "systemd era". Was the GCC-4.9.0
patch already in there? I think you need it to avoid weird errors. For
example, I have had some hard time with openjdk (test_gamma hanging)
with an unpatched GCC. Rebuilding it with the patch (using instructions
in BLFS), solved the problem.

Regards
Pierre