[blfs-dev] FireFox 29.0.1

Christopher Gregory me at pc-networking-services.com
Tue Jun 3 00:06:43 PDT 2014

On Tue, June 3, 2014 6:36 pm, thorsten wrote:
>> What really puzzles me is why some firefox issues seem to affect
>> very few people.  On one of my older systems I had to change _something_
>> in the last couple of months when I upgraded firefox (I no longer
>> remember the details, but I think it was a specific version of gcc which
>> caused it) and found one open firefox bug showing the exact problem.
>> But a lot of people build firefox on, or
>> for, old systems using i686 or x86_64 (e.g. distros do it!) and nobody
>> else had seen the problem.
>
> For what it is worth, I think my crashes maybe/could/are likely
> connected to the xcb backend of cairo. I used --enable-xlib-xcb with cairo
> and the patch which fixes it for me is patching code for xcb.
>
> So perhaps those two of you which also have crashes did enable xcb also?
>

> regards
>
> thorsten --
> http://lists.linuxfromscratch.org/listinfo/blfs-dev

Hello Thorsten,

I did indeed use the --enable-xlib-xcb compile option with cairo.  Not
sure which window managers require this, but I thought it prudent to
actually enable it rather than have to re-compile down the track.  I also
used the
--enable-gl switch, as I am building full gnome and that is one of the
requirements for wayland.

So yep there are two experimental backends enabled in cairo.

Regards,

Christopher.