[blfs-dev] FireFox 29.0.1

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Mon Jun 2 17:43:01 PDT 2014

Em 02-06-2014 20:41, Christopher Gregory escreveu:

> I guess these little quirks are the joys of computing, but if everyone has
> built things the same way, and some have issues and others don't it gets
> really frustrating, as for me it makes me wonder if I have actually done
> something wrong somewhere along the line.

Problem is exactly this. Nobody builds the same way. Packages are chosen
differently, dependencies used, order chosen, configure parameters, even
some flags, can all be very different. The number of possible
combinations is large, it is impossible to cover and test all different
possibilities for the book.

A little difference, like using system Cairo, can make all difference.

But you are a good example of what happened to most of us. First build
has many problems, then second is easier. Until you get your own order.
Some of us like using the support, others, try to solve themselves the
problems, we are all different, trying to do the same thing: build {,B}LFS.

Do not let frustration stop you. I think you are doing pretty well.

And when we know how to help, we always do, because we try to write the
book exactly to learn and to get people learning as well, and modify
many times, when see problem being repeated.

--
[]s,
Fernando