[blfs-dev] FireFox 29.0.1

Christopher Gregory me at pc-networking-services.com
Mon Jun 2 15:29:55 PDT 2014

On Tue, June 3, 2014 6:09 am, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 02, 2014 at 07:27:05PM +0200, thorsten wrote:
>

>>> I see you mentioning cairo and I fail to notice how cairo would crash
>>>  firefox because firefox uses its bundled one by default unless you
>>> specify --enable-system-cairo, which is commented out in the book.
>>> Did
>>> you enable that one? It causes more problems than it really solves ...
>>>

>> Yes, I use system-cairo.
>>

>> regards,
>>
>> thorsten
>
> Me too.
>

> ĸen
> --
> Nanny Ogg usually went to bed early. After all, she was an old lady.
> Sometimes she went to bed as early as 6 a.m.
> --

Well I don't know if it will ever be narrowed down, as it appears to be
one of these random things that affect some and not others.

I have a:

model name      : Genuine Intel(R) CPU           T2300  @ 1.66GHz
centino duo 32 bit processor.

Maybe this weirdness is in some way unique to a 32bit system?

As for using the system cairo, It states in the mozconfig file that if we
want to use the system cairo to uncomment the line.  Also on the cairo
installation page it states that in order to use cairo with firefox the
enable-tee option must be used.

If we are NOT meant to be using the system cairo with firefox, perhaps a
note in the mozconfig woud be appropriate, along with the removal of the
enable-tee option on the cairo page?

I only meantion that regarding cairo as I have just read through all the
comments and noticed one person said to use the bunndled cairo.

The thing is, that so far, with that patch applied, firefox is at this
stage behaving itself.

Sorry about resending, but I am using webmail and accidently clicked on
send before finishing the email.

Regards,

Christopher.