[blfs-dev] FireFox 29.0.1

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Mon Jun 2 10:02:29 PDT 2014

On 06/02/2014 06:28 PM, thorsten wrote:

>>  Tried 29.0.1 on recent svn x86_64 (Quedlinburg), looked at several
>> flats.  Tried 29.0.1 on i686 LFS-7.4 (Rostock), and on i686 recent
>> svn (Bad Doberan).  No crashes.  One of the Bad Doberan offerings
>> had a video, but that needs flash which I don't have.
>>
>>  For Frankfurt I imagine there are far more flats listed, and
>> therefore more scope for oddities in the pages.
>>
>>  I do remember that firefox has crashed at least twice in recent
>> months when looking at sourceforge download pages.  But not
>> repeatedly, each time my second attempt was fine [ i.e. these were
>> the project page, or the page listing all the available files for
>> the project, not any particular mirror ].
>>
>>  So, I cannot confirm the problem.
>>
>> ĸen
>
> Hello again Ken,
>
> I have no idea why these crashes happened with my unpatched cairo while
> others do not get them. Different cairo versions? Some using the xcb
> backend, others not? My crashes are fixed with the patch, if it helps
> others with the same problem -- great.
>
> With the next cairo release the fix should be included, so everything is
> good.
>
> thanks for looking into this,
>
> thorsten

I see you mentioning cairo and I fail to notice how cairo would crash
firefox because firefox uses its bundled one by default unless you
specify --enable-system-cairo, which is commented out in the book. Did
you enable that one? It causes more problems than it really solves ...

--
Note: My last name is not Krejzi.