[blfs-dev] FireFox 29.0.1

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Mon Jun 2 09:27:26 PDT 2014

Em 02-06-2014 08:40, Christopher Gregory escreveu:
> On Mon, June 2, 2014 10:08 pm, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:

>> I have tried www.immobilienscout24.de and sourceforge. No add-ons. No
>> crash. Searcehed change to the page, scrolled down in each page even before
>> search. Sourceforge, I got the download of libusb from BLFS, cancelled,
>> went to the libusb page, ina all pages scrolled down.
>>

> Hello Fernando,
>
> Well it seems that firefox hates certain users.  Without the patch to the
> system cairo it was always crashing on sourceforge when I went for the
> sidlibs, or for the microsoft fonts.  soon as I scrolled down the list of
> the .exe files firefox would crash.

I couldn't find sidlibs at sourceforge, but elsewhere (wordpress). No
problem there.

I undestand that you mean the MS fonts suggested in BLFS/Xorg. No
problem there.

> It could be that it depends on which adds happen to be being displayed on
> sourceforge at a given time.  I just have no idea.

No add at MS fonts at sourceforge.

> There is absolutly no reason why some people can never have firefox crash
> and others have it happen constantly.  These crashes before the cairo
> patch are on a system that was built by jhalf, so it is definatly nothing
> in the base LFS setup that could be causing it.

Do you mean that you use jhafs for everything including the BLFS packages?

> I have not yet installed a full desktop, just XORG and running firefox
> from xterm.

I tested with LXDE and with plain Xorg (twm), from xterm.

--
[]s,
Fernando