[blfs-dev] FireFox 29.0.1

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon Jun 2 07:04:42 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 02, 2014 at 11:31:00AM +0200, thorsten wrote:

> >> Hello Ken,
> >>
> >> I am on i686 and one site constantly crashing ff is
> >> www.immobilienscout24.de. If you try to look at the expose of a flat
> >> there and scroll down the expose, it crashes 99 out of a hundred times.
> >
> > I'm not using FF, but the site doesn't crash for me.  I'm not sure what
> > you mean by 'look at the expose of a flat', but scrolling is fine.
> >
> > I am using seamonkey with noscript.
> >

> Hello Bruce,
>
> the main site does not crash. Sorry for the bad description.
>
> If you visit one of the advertised flats, say you search for a flat in
> Frankfurt and look at one in particular, scrolling down this page, then
> ff crashes nearly everytime (at least on my system) without the cairo
> patch.
>
> When running in that crash, I used gdb to get a backtrace and it was the
> NULL bug mentioned in the cairo bugreport. So for me at least the patch
> fixes it. I do not know, if this is scriptrelated, so perhaps with
> noscript you don't hit the bug.
>
> regards,
>
> thorsten

 Tried 29.0.1 on recent svn x86_64 (Quedlinburg), looked at several
flats.  Tried 29.0.1 on i686 LFS-7.4 (Rostock), and on i686 recent
svn (Bad Doberan).  No crashes.  One of the Bad Doberan offerings
had a video, but that needs flash which I don't have.

 For Frankfurt I imagine there are far more flats listed, and
therefore more scope for oddities in the pages.

 I do remember that firefox has crashed at least twice in recent
months when looking at sourceforge download pages.  But not
repeatedly, each time my second attempt was fine [ i.e. these were
the project page, or the page listing all the available files for
the project, not any particular mirror ].

 So, I cannot confirm the problem.

ĸen