[blfs-dev] FireFox 29.0.1

Christopher Gregory me at pc-networking-services.com
Mon Jun 2 04:40:51 PDT 2014

On Mon, June 2, 2014 10:08 pm, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> Em 02-06-2014 06:31, thorsten escreveu:

>>> I'm not using FF, but the site doesn't crash for me.  I'm not sure
>>> what you mean by 'look at the expose of a flat', but scrolling is
>>> fine.
>>>
>>> I am using seamonkey with noscript.
>>>

>> Hello Bruce,
>>

>> the main site does not crash. Sorry for the bad description.
>>
>> If you visit one of the advertised flats, say you search for a flat in
>> Frankfurt and look at one in particular, scrolling down this page, then
>> ff crashes nearly everytime (at least on my system) without the cairo
>> patch.
>>
>> When running in that crash, I used gdb to get a backtrace and it was
>> the NULL bug mentioned in the cairo bugreport. So for me at least the
>> patch fixes it. I do not know, if this is scriptrelated, so perhaps with
>>  noscript you don't hit the bug.
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> thorsten
>>

> I have tried www.immobilienscout24.de and sourceforge. No add-ons. No
> crash. Searcehed change to the page, scrolled down in each page even before
> search. Sourceforge, I got the download of libusb from BLFS, cancelled,
> went to the libusb page, ina all pages scrolled down.
>
> --
> []s,
> Fernando
> --

Hello Fernando,

Well it seems that firefox hates certain users.  Without the patch to the
system cairo it was always crashing on sourceforge when I went for the
sidlibs, or for the microsoft fonts.  soon as I scrolled down the list of
the .exe files firefox would crash.

It could be that it depends on which adds happen to be being displayed on
sourceforge at a given time.  I just have no idea.

There is absolutly no reason why some people can never have firefox crash
and others have it happen constantly.  These crashes before the cairo
patch are on a system that was built by jhalf, so it is definatly nothing
in the base LFS setup that could be causing it.

I have not yet installed a full desktop, just XORG and running firefox
from xterm.

Regards,

Christopher.