[blfs-dev] FireFox 29.0.1

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Jun 1 17:10:38 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 02, 2014 at 11:28:29AM +1200, Christopher Gregory wrote:
> Hello Ken,
>
> One of the main sites for me is sourceforge.  I have been visiting it
> regularly and with the adds that they have and the scripts that they have,
> when scrolling down to actually get to one of the downloads, that is when
> firefox crashed for me.  Sometimes it was crashing 4 times in a row on the
> same file.
>
> Regards,
>
> Christopher.

 Hmm, I use adblock [ or similar - perhaps it is called adblock
plus, I'm not on a desktop at the moment ] on all of my firefox
installations.  I do not recall any recent firefox crashes at
sourceforge (I always use system cairo), neither for direct BLFS
links, nor for things which I have keyed in on the URL line of a new
tab.

 Of course, _finding_ the file I want to download is still sometimes
difficult.  And my experience is all on x86_64, on i686 I don't
think I have tried downloading from sourceforge recently.

ĸen